Grill a Green, nail a Nat and lambast a Labor candidate. Whatever the colour of your campaign t-shirt, quizz a candidate on the evening of Wednesday February 5th, in West End just before the by-election for Griffith. All candidates are invited and the format will depend a little on who accepts the invitation.
The venue is the Souths League Club in Davies Park at the corner of Jane and Montague Street.
Get along to see your candidate stare down the crowd and their competitors for the crown of representing you in the Big House this year. This is a great opportunity to have your say and get out with your tribe to exercise your democratic muscle. As well as a sea of red, green and blue t-shirts we can expect the other eight candidates to field supporters.
Click below for the Westender story on the candidate or, failing that, the candidate statement. Don’t forget to register your questions using the comment box below.
- Timothy Lawrence, Stable Population Party
- Geoff Ebbs, The Greens
- Christopher David Williams, Family First Party
- Karel Boele, Independent
- Anthony Ackroyd, Bullet Train for Australia
- Anne Reid, Secular Party of Australia
- Terri Butler, Australian Labor Party
- Melanie Rose Thomas, Pirate Party Australia
- Travis James Windsor, Independent
- Ray Sawyer, Katter’s Australian Party
- Bill Glasson, Liberal National Party of Queensland
The election is no foregone conclusion and we expect good media coverage so it might just make the difference. Be there to be sure that if it does, it makes the difference you want to see.